Inkjets and stiff paper

kosmic24

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson xp-215
Hi,

New here so hello everyone.

I need advice or recommendation for currently available inkjet printers that can handle A4/A3 stuff paper.

I used to use my trusty Epson Stylus Photo 860 (A4) which had no problem printing pretty stiff 300gsm photo paper. Sadly this has now died and been burried with an appropriate grave stone :-(

I recently bought an Epson XP-215 which works okay with most flexible papers up to 300gsm but now struggles with lighter stuffer papers. My prefered choice is Label Ocean 230gsm as I have reems of the stuff but is really stiff. It's affordable, gives good quality prints but I have to get it from Germany. It's mostly used for printing A4 photo prints and greeting cards.

When I first got the XP it handled the stiffer paper (Label Ocean 230gsm) ok and printed off about 60 prints without a hitch. Now it stuggles to feed it or spits the paper straight through. Any ideas why this has now started to happen? I'm thinking of giving the printer the gravity virus and hurling it from a top floor window.

Can anyone recommened a good quality printer that runs on CMYK XL cartriges that can handle pretty stuff paper. Don't mind going to A3.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited:

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
To clean the feed roller you can try to let some pages of plain paper running through the printer.
But on the german amazon site several users are complaining about feeding problems with this paper...

kosmic24

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson xp-215
Thanks for your responses.

Turned the printer on this morning and have managed to run about 50 sheets of the Label Ocean through without a problem then it started playing up again. So, ran about 10 sheets of plain paper through and then managed to run a further 20 or so sheets of the Ocean again.

Think I'll have to suck and see for the time being.

PS I've edited my original post as I got the printer model wrong. It is in fact an Epson XP-215 and not 512.

Cheers again.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thanks for your responses.
PS I've edited my original post as I got the printer model wrong. It is in fact an Epson XP-215 and not 512.
Cheers again.

Don’t forget to change your signature also..:)
Kosmic.PNG

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Try to clean the paper feed roller with window cleaner, or isopropyl alcohol.

kosmic24

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson xp-215
"Try to clean the paper feed roller with window cleaner, or isopropyl alcohol."

Tried that but could only get to a small section of it. Seems well buried down the back of the printer.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
The trick is to remove paper from printer, then use microfiber cloth and isopropyl alcohol, then send to printer something to print and while it grabs paper clean the rollers. Some printers have one some 2 rollers.

Do not use paper towel because when wet it can get pulled inside the printer.