Inkjet Stuff Forum flys !!!

Music Image

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey all, Im stoked with Inkjet Stuff. I love the basic outlay and the way things load soooooOOOOOoooo fast here compared to most other sites you go to on the net. Makes me feel like Im on BBand :). Believe me, this is no small issue on a dial-up connection. I sincerely hope it stays this way, and doesnt get bogged down with unecessary stuff. Keep up the excellent work.

Cheers, Music Image.

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Aye...aye sir........isn't it that right team........:)
I love to get stuck here all the day ;)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hey, this is the kind of stuff I love to hear!

I've been trying hard to get people to convert over from Yahoo and other forums that I can't stand! There are a few forums I visit that I've begged the owners to let me host / convert just so it will be easier / faster for me to post, navigate and search.

FYI, here are some of the things that make this forum super fast:

1) A very robust server. I've upgraded my hosting accounts over the years and am especially happy with where I am now. It isn't cheap, but it is worth every penny! I host this site and MANY others for friends, family, and businesses and so far everyone has been very happy.

2) Excellent forum software. I searched and tested MANY forum programs and this one is, in my opinion, the perfect mix of speed and features. You'll see that there aren't all the "bells and whistles" that other forums have (polls, WYSIWYG editors, etc. etc.) but I don't feel those things are necessary and they slow things down considerably.

But, in the end, the stuff above doesn't matter one bit if there weren't any visitors to the forum. It is the members and their great attitudes, friendly dispositions, and helpful posts that make this forum what it is... so go tell a friend! :D

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Got that right Rob!
The good thing about this forum is that all members have the same interest and are very excited to share their experiences with it.
I also used this forum to decide what printer to buy, and I am very very satisfied with my printer now.

Music Image

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Heh, thats right, who cares about bells and whistles. I can tell you, on dialup you end up using up so much time waiting for pages to slap and flap B4 they load that I would love to know what the actual %age of reading material a person could get thru between dialup and BB in a given period. (Given of course that they read at the same speed :) )

I absolutely despise yahoo and for ages I never went near it until the only way I could get a certain piece of info for one of my old synths, was to join up. I was desperite for this info so I joined, got it, and I havnt been back since.

Anyway, Nifty, Im sure many many folks will come to appreciate this forum and the decent atmosphere. Some places are real shockers with continual swearing and flaming. What a waste of time, and some people have too much of it on their hands.

Hey Blaster, though I had pretty much got it down to the IP4000 or IP5000 it helped to come here and make my final decision. The IP4000 it is and so far it seems to be really good.

Cheers Music Image.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Music - you are right on target when it comes to some of the jerks that waste your time on other forums and NG's. I go onto the comp.periphs.printers newsgroup almost every day and there is one idiot who continually spouts misinformation about third party inks, cartridges, refilling, and Epson printers. When criticized he responds with obscene comments and personal slurs. There are good people on that NG who have to respond to every one of his posts to point out his misinfomation. If he ever shows up here I trust that Nifty won't put up with his garbage.

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
The individual fotofreek refers to has nearly ruined comp.periphs.printers. Fortunately this group won't fall victim to his intentional misrepresentations and profane language. I think we need to provide a link to Nifty-Stuff in each of our postings over there to encourage users to check out this forum. The only thing I'd like to see is a spellcheck add on for this group since we are outside of the normal IE functions.

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
You know guys....this forum really...help me so much....
before i found this forum and neil's page....
I always desperate found when my print act so strange....
i usually spending about 15 hours everyday in front of my pc to find the solution
on the network...
and in my country it spend me a lot of money....so rather than to fix it....i prefer to
buy a new printer each time i got a trouble...coz here the catridge price is just the same as when you buying a new printer....and the network connection is just as expensive as a new printer also....so i got a lot of pile of junk in my garage....
BTW there is no one here who could talk the way of " printer language " does ( you know what i mean doesn't it ? ) i mean like the way how you could bring those
damage print back to a life

Now thanks to all of you guys i started to choose my junk back and take them a life...sell them and take back the money which i wasted already....:)

I like this forum way about how to make somebody not to frightened with all of those
certain problems which every printer bring when you buy it....
so instead just limitting your choice when you want to buy a new printer....
( which another forum usually does..... put a choice just in one type )
this forum let you to choose your favor and solve the problem instead getting away the problem....;) i hope you understand what i mean

I also suggest this forum to everybody who i meet everyday...yes indeed everybody who had a printer of course ...
cause this forum is so great it gives our printer second life
....and they thanks alot to you nifty and to me....
although they can't post any message here, cause just a bit of them who could speak
in english....

And nifty, rather than block any stupid posting...in my opinion you better
tell them first what the mistake....coz just like me not everybody in this world...
could speak english very good...so they and me maybe :) made a mistake when
type the post

thanks for everybody here
BTW....my location is in Indonesia....

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Endmukbud,

I think that it is safe to say that none of the posts in this thread was in any way related to a language issue or a simple misunderstanding. Just for fun, I googled "comp.periphs.printers" and looked at some of the posts on that site - I suggest that you do the same to see what the posts in this thread are talking about.

At first it was funny, but I can see how maddening it would be if someone hijacked a good site with the type of "trash talk" that this individual uses. I am not familiar with that site, but why would anyone even bother responding to him? If everyone just ignored him and refused to even read anything that he writes (much less respond or quote him) he would eventually go away.

As others have stated, this site is moderated and this type of issue is much easier to handle on a moderated site.