Ink refill setup (contraption?) for Canon BCI-3/6 cartridges.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just a small note.. Before I went to CIS kits I used to use Aluminium tape to secure and seal the bottom ink port on my Epson 740 carts.. It's very effective at producing a seal and avoided leakage, etc...

That's just an aside really... otherwise I'd simply use a glue gun or some Bluetack (UK brand name for silly putty or something I think) to create little walls between your cartridge spaces.. After all you only really need to keep the rubber pad from cross contaminating so creating enclosures at glue/tak walls at each side should stop that and the wood will generally soak up small spillages. Anything bigger and I'd imagine you'd be starting over :)

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I made a similar contraption out of scrap and two bolts ( when I can find the camera in all this mess, I'll put up a photo) . I put some soft material along the upper crossbar to seal the air maze as well so I could use the pull push technique with the syringe (with no needle) directly in the upper hole after the ball is removed in the OEM cartridge.