Ink Refill Machine Inquiry & comparison

inkdepot

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I can vow for SageRecycling I bought 2 of there machines for my 2 refill shops and they work very well and are very durable.I guess it also depends on the volume of cartridges you refill i do about 1000 per mth so it paid of for itself already.The support is great as well, whenever i have a problem Malcolm over at sagerecycling is only a call away.

GreenMax

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
There are lots of machines on the market but it all depends on the size of your business and the budget you have to buy a machine.

for less than 2000, you can set up small business with all the equipment.

Visit
www.refillsupermaket.co.uk

donn1x

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum, I plan to put a small refill kiosk inside a mall, in the Philippines and I would like to get your comments/inputs on the ECO 500 color vacuum and MIS pro deluxe (if you have used one before), regarding the functionality, performance and durability of the machine, please advise. Your opinion is much appreciated.Thanks

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

Has anyone done a true comparison feature by feature of the various ink refill solutions out there?
The result sure would interest a lot of people.

Rgds,

Jasii

gharbia

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi All

I used to work in this field for 10 years, design and build ink jet filling machines for: LEXMARK-HP-CANON-EPSON...
if you are not familiar with vacuum cycle you cannot selct the right machine for your product

you can fill some cartridge through nozzles like HP45, 29, 26, 14 by using a suitable filler (high pressure syringes + special cradles)
I will not advice to fill coulour catridge through nozzles it will never work, why? contamination, bubles, slow process,...
Before filling sponge catridges you mut to use this process: flushing, centrifuging and drying , each of this cycle must be supervised on water quality + temp, RPM, Dry temp + moisture.

The best way to fill sponge catridge is by using vacuum process: max vacuum used + period, vacuum relaised +period - each catridge has different settings depend sizes - you can fill catridge without using any clip if the vacuum process set properly.

To fill non sponge cartridge like HP88,10,11... need a suitable machie with high pressure syringes and suitable cradle
To fill epson catridge need vacuum and suitable cradles
to fill cannon half tank half spong no need vacuum but need a suitable cradle

at the end I advice to use special needles,tubing and pumps for filling most of those catridges

All the machine i designed fill the catridge in one minute (6 and 8 catridge a time)

Good luck all
Sam

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Hi Gharbia!

Good to hear from someone who has been in the field for over 10 yrs.
Even better would if you share your processes specifically so that all of us here benefit.

Rgds,

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Refill machines are geared towards a very different application. Here we have a collection of used cartridges of unknown condition, that possibly have not priinted nor used for at least months. They need to recondition the cartridge, and bring them all back to a base level before refilling. The process of refill will involve hundreds of cartridges so a method that is fast and reliable must be used. Here vacuum based machines are unquestionably the best.

The home refiller faces a very different situation where, the cartridge had just been printing, has not been improperly stored and will be refilled immediately. This is a much simpler situation than remanufcaturing. While machines can be used, the cost of good ones make them prohibive and most times unnecessary for the home refiller.

The reason the vacuum is the best way is that it eliminates air voids in the ink path which is the most common problem when refilling cartridges with integrated printheads. If the home refiller refills prior to the cartridge being emptied through printing, the potential of air voids is dramatically reduced and multiple refills can be performed with success.