Ink is leaking from my CIS, how can I fix it?

Rojebi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello,

I purchased a CISS for my Epson SX415 from Ebay a few weeks ago. I installed it fine and it was working wonderfully. I have had to reset and refill the cartridges a couple of times and now the print quality has dramatically reduced. There are lines and gaps and missing parts in printouts and today the Cyan ink has started splodging on the paper even if I'm just printing in black - I thought it was the black ink at first, but now it's dry I can tell it's the Cyan. I can't see any air bubbles in the pipes and the inks are on the same level as the printer. I've tried head cleaning several times and all the colours come out fine on the nozzle check except for the Cyan colour. I use the printer mainly for printing out text documents and occassional photographs.

Any suggestions for what might have gone wrong and any ideas on how I can fix it? It's very frustrating as I was so pleased with the system after I first installed it.

Thanks,

Rosie

iP4XXX

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610, Canon iP4200
Have you tried contacting the Ebay seller to see if he/she has any ideas on correcting the problem? Might be an act of futility, but worth a try.

Rojebi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am waiting for them to reply to me...