Ink for PGI-5 & PGI-8

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am looking for ink to refill PGI-5 &PGI-8 (canon610) and BCi-6 (Canon ip 400) and assume the same ink is ok to use in both cartridges ?

My main question is for those people based in the UK. Do you get your supplies from Hobbicolors in the states or is there a supplier in the UK that has good ink ? I have looked on e-bay and Jet tec seem to be the leading supplier but I would welcome advice on this topic, I would rather pay a few pounds more for good ink than spend ages trying to clean blocked nozzles on the printer.

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi. I buy mine from ascprinting (email sales@ascprinting.co.uk) and find it very good. I have also started to use Phoenix Direct (phoenixdirectuk.co.uk). Both do Canon specific ink although I don't think asc do the pigment ink, but Phoenix do.

I do 500 full colour photo passes a month on Canon printers so get thru quite a lot.

My printer was a ip4500 but have just replaced this with a ip4600.

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Hobbicolors UW8 inks for the CLI carts will work quite happily with the BC6 carts of th IP4000 printer.
Their PMT-BK ink is the same for the IP4000 and the MP610.

I've used those inks on my IP4000 and MP600.

I get my supplies from the States via ebay. They do a very good service.

Froggy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
DomtheMon said:
Both do Canon specific ink although I don't think asc do the pigment ink, but Phoenix do.
ASC do Pigment ink for canon, you just need to ask them to quote for it.

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Froggy said:
DomtheMon said:
Both do Canon specific ink although I don't think asc do the pigment ink, but Phoenix do.
ASC do Pigment ink for canon, you just need to ask them to quote for it.
Oh right thanks Froggy. ASC are cheaper than Phoenix if I remember correctly. Thanks for the info.