IMS inks incompatible with i960

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Interesting about the Epson paper being able to print both sides!

I'll also concur that the weight of the Canon paper is really a plus!

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey guys..... the post was derailed somehow. I wasn't talking about MIS ink. Its another brand named IMS. Bad stuff. MIS is good stuff.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Oh... this isn't the MIS ink, Canon paper, Epson paper, Costco paper thread? I guess I should have turned right at Albuquerque instead of left... now I'm lost! :)

Okay, Costco ink (and any "universal ink") = bad
Highly Recommended inks = good

hseeng

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
nifty-stuff.com said:
Oh... this isn't the MIS ink, Canon paper, Epson paper, Costco paper thread? I guess I should have turned right at Albuquerque instead of left... now I'm lost! :)

Okay, Costco ink (and any "universal ink") = bad
Highly Recommended inks = good

Hun? How did I end up in Canada?

MIS = Good ink
IMS = Bad Costco ink????
SIM = Memory card
MSI = Computer parts maker
SMI = Any ideas?
IMS = Ink Makers Society

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
hseeng = TMTOH = Too Much Time On Hands! ;)

Oh, and I shouldn't say Costco ink is bad since it isn't Costco who makes it (it isn't Kirkland is it?). Costco actually "makes" pretty impressive stuff under their brand name... 'course I'm going off topic again.. where's that stinkin' map?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Turned left at Albuquerque? You must live there to be able to spell it! Got your kicks on Route 66? If you know the origin of the last sentence you are admitting your age!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
hahaha.... I know the root of that phrase, but from super re-runs of shows like "Happy Days!"

Thank goodness for "IESpell". A nice little application that plugs into Internet Explorer and does a spell check for me in forums like this. Took the program a few times to fix that one.... Albatross, alabaster... oh... Albuquerque!

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Update on IMS inks. I ran out of black, the order from Inkgrabbers got screwed up and I was out of time. I still had the kit from Cosco and filled th original tank with IMS black. Remember the Photo Magenta really did a wicked number on my prints. The black however seems fine so far after several 8x10's and 4x6's. Will keep an eye on the prints and update everyone.

hseeng

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Keep us posted. I still have 2 refill kits.

My HP 720 is still printing OK. No leaking. This printer does not make very good photo prints even with OEM ink. I printed a test photo on this printer the other day and was quite suprised it look quite good on the is old printer.

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Will do. I wanted to make it clear that the Photo Magenta screwed up my color pretty bad. Some might have interpreted my statement the wrong way...

The black does seem ok though. I have several bottles of it too.