Important : Canon Pro-100 Cli-42 Yellow Ink

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
My empty yellow cart arrived from Precision Colors and the transfer of the chip went well. I filled the yellow cart and topped of the rest - that printer does like grey ink! and the results look good. I'll run through more ink before I attempt to run profiles with ProfilePrism, although I'll certainly try P-C's profiles.

Gotta buy some "rubber" gloves, cyan nails just ain't me.

That printer does like its ink! Love the prints, though.

Did you have to use any glue or such to keep the chip in place? I am waiting for my cartridge also - should be here this week. Mine loves the gray ink, too.

Thanks...Al

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I topped it off (about 1/2 was gone) just before seeing this thread with the PC yellow ink kit (see also post #4), so I did not know of this issue before the refill. BTW, should I not use the new Canon yellow cartridge that I just installed.
Now that you have refilled the yellow cartridge, you might as well go on using till you get your new CLI-8, some say it will be ok to carry on and just ignore it but if you see signs of the slightest clog in the yellow I’d flush out the print head and start afresh.

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
Now that you have refilled the yellow cartridge, you might as well go on using till you get your new CLI-8, some say it will be ok to carry on and just ignore it but if you see signs of the slightest clog in the yellow I’d flush out the print head and start afresh.

Hat, the photos I posted is the cartridge that I topped off, but I removed it after I saw all that junk in it (scared of potential clogs) and replaced it with a new Canon yellow cartridge that I got from another printer I purchased off of Craiglist. I will use the new cartridge until it goes empty and then replace it with the CLI-8 cartridge. Btw, I received it today and have already changed over the chip, so I have a complete set of ink ready to go in on the next round.

Thanks...Al

mawyatt

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100
Getting ready for my first refill attempt on Pixma Pro 100. Noted the yellow issue and have the CLI-8 for the yellow. Are most of you reusing the CLI-42 or transferring the chip to a clean CLI-8 or all the other colors?

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Getting ready for my first refill attempt on Pixma Pro 100. Noted the yellow issue and have the CLI-8 for the yellow. Are most of you reusing the CLI-42 or transferring the chip to a clean CLI-8 or all the other colors?

I have changed one of my yellow 42 carts to the CLI-8 with a chip change. Fortunately I have a healthy supply of CLI-8 carts left over from my Pro 9000ii printer.

The chip change was easier than expected, and the excellent demo video on the octoinkjet site gave me confidence.

I did not glue the changed chip in place as it seemed to clip firmly into place.

RS

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA

Since I have 2 sets of OEM cartridges, I will only use the CLI-8 for the yellows. I've change one so far and when the other yellow goes dry, I will change that one, too.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Reactions: Ant