I'm unhappy with the limited information from my ink suppliers

philippa

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson
inkghost.com.au - offers 3 grades of ink, basic standard and premium inks as well as some pigment versions. inks graded on print quality, fade life etc

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
it is interesting how much more information this company provides than most others which can be very helpful for a buying decision. although the relation to the OEM inks is not available. On problem is that there are no simple and widely accepted measures to characterize some of the ink properties - e.g. for the fade resistance, a very few companies may show small patches showing the gamut at l=50 in this or that color space, but the gamut is a volume, and nobody posts a volume metric. Nobody posts any information about the black level, on a particular widely available paper like a Canon or Epson or HP glossy or matte paper, only companies taking the effort to generate and provide color profiles for their inks and papers have this type of info available, hidden in the profile data. I don't know if I'm the only one looking for that, at least I know how to get some of such information, by own tests, looking into the profile data etc

wblackwell

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson (every one)
Our black levels have been slightly lighter than Epson OEM until just about now with our most recent ink. Gamut volume, not as large. But measuring gamut volume as the only factor in how good an ink is, is a bit like saying everyone should own a Mustang when others really need a Prius. Our inks are meant to match Epson OEM (as close as possible) and offer the easiest transition while covering the vast vast majority of what fine-artists need to print. I don't recommend a graphic artist who's looking to cover 98 percent of the Pantone gamut to use our inks. They should use P9000 Commercial Edition for that. Our inks cover the broad range of color needed by working artists on a budget without breaking the printer and while clogging less than OEM inks due to their unique encapsulation.

We are in the process of re-engineering a slew of inks. We started with black of course.

edit: -Walker Blackwell (of InkjetMall)