Ilford omnijet on Canon pro 9000

grw46

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have just purchased a quantity of omnijet instant dry satin 195gsm paper for use on my Canon pro 9000 mk2 using Oktoinkjet inks and am hoping some one can help with the setting , or a profile, to get the best results. Thanks in advance Garry.

jondave

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Regardless of the setting custom icc profiles are only tried and truly tested means to get good results.

grw46

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks jondave I have the icc profile from Ilford but do not have ready access to anyone to do a custom profile so will work with what I have ,thanks again Garry

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
You can go to Ilfords web page & download profiles to use with that paper. I did this before I bought my own profiler when I used Ilfords Gallerie smooth pearl & got very good prints using the same inks as you. I know they won't have a profile for the ink you use but it's very close to Canons colours anyway so the profile will work very well.

grw46

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks Rodham Ilford do have profiles for the omnijet but only for the commercial printers that use roll paper. They recommend using the Canon glossy plus profile with the satin paper. Haven't been able to try yet as the inks have not arrived (10 days +)
Might try to convince the local camera club that we need a Colour monkey photo!!. :D Cheers Garry.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
You're right Garry I remember now, I tried both Canon Paper Pro 11 & the Semi gloss for the pearl paper & ended up using the Paper Pro. When I profiled with the Colormunki it was more of a fine tune than a transformation.