If you want to wait 3 weeks for your order, order from Inkgrabber!

tsuzyq

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have ordered ink and ink cartridges many times in the past from various other vendors and ususally have the order in less than 5 days.
This time I was ordering cartdridges for my Grandaughter's printer [Canon Pixma 5200] so the only place i knew to order them was Ingrabber [these were were generic]
I ordered all 5 cart. on November 6th. That order took 10 days but one of the cart. was defective.
I called to reorder on Nov. 16th and was told that the cart. would be sent out the next day express shipping.
We just got it yesterday, DECEMBER 7TH.
I called them on Nov. 25th to ask where the order was and they said it would be sent out the next day. When I complained about the fact that i had been promised fast delivery [grandaughter and 2 brothers all need it for school] they said sorry the Thanksgiving holliday had slowed things down....yeah right!
I find this totally unacceptable customer service and am glad this was not my first internet purchase, because i probably would never have ordered anything else.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in hearing from users of the new Canon compatables for the printers with chipped carts. Availablity, general quality, ease of removing the OEM chip and applying it to the compatable, etc. I would guess that it will be difficult to find consistently high quality compatable carts for these printers at this time. In addition, it is possible that the supply line is not as well established as we've experienced for the bci-6 and bci-3ebk carts.

More to the point, it would be worthwhile for you to find out what the hangup was - supply problem from their vendors? Short on personnel? Order fell through the cracks? Poor communication on their part? Problem with the mails?

Enough people use their carts that it would be helpful to the forum if you would try to clarify the problem. I'm not accusing OR defending the vendor. Just trying to get more information.

If I were to buy one of the new printers with the chipped carts I would probably purchase a full new set of OEM carts, send for some good refill inks, and keep one set always full as backup. Plan B would be to hang out at the ink counter of one of the major office supply firms and see if I could get some emptys from people buying new OEM carts. There may also be some available empty OEM carts on ebay or some other internet source. After several refills you could rejuvinate the cart for more refilling with Grandad's purge technique.

tsuzyq

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi fotofreek,
These were the cartridges that are [I hope] compatable with the chipped carts. We were able to remove the chips from the OEM carts easily...they provide [Inkgrabber] instructions. As of this moment I don't know about quality because my Grandaughter just received the last cart yesterday afternoon and when I talked to her last night she had not yet had time to install the new one. I will post back when I find out.

"More to the point, it would be worthwhile for you to find out what the hangup was - supply problem from their vendors? Short on personnel? Order fell through the cracks? Poor communication on their part? Problem with the mails?"

When I called them to order the carts., they told me they were in stock. When i called back to ask where they were, they just told me they had been real busy and the Thanksgiving holliday had slowed things down....but I was supposed to receive order before Thanksgiving...I just think it was a matter of poor customer service.

I have the Canon Pixma ip5000 and when I ordered the 5200 I had no idea that it was chipped, or would not have ordered. The 5000 had been discontinued...shame because i love it and use ink from Hobbicolors....very fast delivery!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be a market, soon, for empty chipped Canon carts. Check out this link to see that they are purchasing certain of the new chipped carts. I didn't follow up to see if they will be refilling and selling them, but I am hoping that empy carts for your iP5200 will find themselves in the marketplace soon.