ICC for change to PC inks

harold davies

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PRO 10
Am I confused or do you not create PRO 10 .icc's using Precision Colors Signature Ink 2? I am about out of OEM and have refilled my spare set according to your directions. Don't I need different icc's when changing inks?
dubiously, harold

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Which red ink are you using - Canon or PC ? It's the red ink which makes the difference, the PC inkset in combination with the Canon red is stated to be very close colorwise to the original inks so you can continue to use the Canon profiles - if you use Canon papers. Color icm profiles are specifically made for a particular ink/paper combination, not just for a specific ink, PC is providing icc-profiles for their inks and a selection of Red River and other papers, and Canon profiles are made for Canon papers only. Which papers are you using/planning to use ? So if you use the inkset including the PC red and you (plan to) use the listed papers you can use the PC icc-profiles. If you use other papers you would need to do profiles anyway regardlesss if you use original or PC inks.

harold davies

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PRO 10
thank you. I do use PC with OEM Red. This is my first change to non=OEM, and I wanted to be sure.

again, thank you so much,
Harold Davies,

Photographer/Chemist