i9900 Pics showing disassembly for ink pads

Binky Carver

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i9900 with CISS: major spill from a siphon error, filled up the entire pads, all pads, and ran out the bottom. This thing was completely soaked. I was sure I had to buy a new printer. I took it out in the yard. I dissasembled per instructions above. I hosed off the pads and put them in the washing machine for several cycles, dryer to dry, stained but fluffy and nice. I hosed off the carcass but protected the motors with my free hand so as not to squirt directly into the motors, with a garden hose, compressed air from the shop, then out in the noon day sun to dry. It's working fine, matter of fact, just like new. Upshot? Pads can be washed in the washing machine, (I ran a cycle of plain water AFTER the pads were finished to clean the washer out.). The carcass assembly can be washed gently with a garden hose! Incidentally there was so much ink, it was on the gears, rollers, trays, pads, plastic bottom etc and before I started I couldn't see anything. Not recommended for minor problems. David