i960 eight orange flashes

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Well, yesterday while printing a service test print, the unit began flashing eight orange flashes, which the service manual says is a "Printhead Temperature Error". The manual says "change printhead or Logic Board.

I switched to an old printhead, and the unit worked (cyan doesn't seem to print). Switched to the original printhead and eight orange flashes return.

Anyone else overcome this??

Wayne

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If it was a bad logic board then it would not matter what print head you put in. Additionally, a bad logic board could fry a print head, so you were lucky on that account.

That your old print head did not print Cyan could mean one of a couple things including a garden variety clog. You did not state why you are not using your old print head. Is it because of a clog or something else? Maybe a (few) long soaks in original formula Windex-D could resolve a clog (if the issue is a clog). Can you purchase a new print head for your printer? This might be the easiest/best solution if your old print head is irreparable.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
turbguy Anyone else overcome this??
I tried to overcome that error on my i865 and did the same as you by putting in another old print head.

No matter what I tried I couldnt shift the error so ended up having to get a new print head and that fixed the problem right away.
Sorry.:(