i560s printer help please

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
It has to be the electrical contacts on the back of the print head. The nozzle test pattern is totally symetrical,.. which means that one of the electrical "Bits" that decode to specific print nozzles is not connecting. It looks as if it is the high order bit since all the nozzles print below a certain point, and then none print above that point. This is the first 128 nozzles since I think the print head has 256 jets per color. You must have gotten a finger print on the print head or one of the pins needs cleaning.

As far as the wrong colors,.. I've had a Canon Cart clog up internally and it would not supply enough ink to print even though it was full of ink. After you refill then many times, they may get air in the sponge. Also, if you over fill them, you block up the air intake hole and that will stop delivery of ink. Remove the cart and hold it over a paper towel and gently blow through the air hole. Ink should easily come out of the bottom. use a paper towel to "Wick" the bottom to make sure it is wet with ink.

I'm sure you have read all the other post on this site on the i560, but remember, your internal cleaning process could be stopped by a bad vacuum motor or the ink pad is totally dried up and can't prime the print head. Lots of luck.