1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Epson Stylus Pro9600 Printing on Polycotton
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

i1Studio Argyll printer ICC profiles problem

Discussion in 'Printing Photos and Photo Software' started by petrena, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Jul 25, 2018
    petrena

petrena Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Canon IP7250
    OCP with every print, i1sudio reads a different value as Argyll

2. Jul 25, 2018
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    L310, L382, L800, Pro 7600
    there are still some loose ends in the discussion which I cannot really catch - and probably some hidden variables - I just don't have a reason at this time to assume that profiling software - i1Studio or ArgyllCMS - would raise the black point from L*=8 up to L*=19 for some reason. I would run a simple test with both - creating profiles - same paper, ink, with 50 patches and compare the gamuts of the profiles directly - without additional settings like the rendering intent etc

The Hat likes this.
  3. Jul 29, 2018
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    L310, L382, L800, Pro 7600
    I was browsing through the Gamutvision support documents and found this in the
    Round trip profile assessment as a comment to the last image in this document
    http://www.gamutvision.com/docs/roundtrip.html

'This profile shows a large discrepancy between Dmax (maximum B&W density) with and without Black Point Compensation. BPC normally affects the shape of the B&W density response, but has little effect on Dmax. This indicates that the critical BToAn tag could be at fault.' (copied from there)
    It refers to a problem with the Dmax in connection with BPC, but it does not give any further advise how to analyze and fix that problem, BPC should not have an effect on Dmax itself.
    If it is considered as a problem with ArgyllCMS contacting a user forum there may help.

The Hat likes this.
  4. Aug 5, 2018
    petrena

petrena Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Canon IP7250
    thanks for this information! In the meantime I ordered a new i1Studio, the results are exactly the same. I am also corresponding with Xrite...

The Hat likes this.