I tried to refill the LC 37 ink cartridges for my Brother DCP-150C.

jeeta

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I tried to refill the LC 37 ink cartridges for my Brother DCP-150C. The instructions looked simple enough. So I managed to open the outer casing without too much damage. Used the tool supplied with the kit to make a hole. Stuck the syringe in and got covered in ink, the ink wasnt going in. I thought the tool might be too short so I got a little screwdriver form my toolbox and made a hole. The ink went in but not everywhere. I mean half the tank has ink but the part where the works are, where it contacts the printer, has nothing, just bubbles. Is this right? My old Cannon was easy but these cartridges look totally different inside, no sponge. I'm not much of a techie but I'm a bit peeved I can't figure this out. Can anyone advise. Some pix of what it's supposed to look like would be a help.

ian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
These cartridges are easy to fill you dont need any kits to fill them. I use a syringe which i have done a slight mod to. I just got a 3mm drill and drilled out the hole in the syringe (the part where the needle fits on). Then what you do is get your cartridge and turn it up side down. You will see two holes. One hole has a white plastic needle looking thing in the center of the hole. Get your empty syringe and push it in that hole. Your newly drilled syringe will fix nicely in. Next suck out the ink and air that is in the cartridge by pulling back the syringe and remove the syringe from the cartridge. You must make sure there is still a vacuum in the cartridge. Next get your syringe and fill it to the required ink level (12ml) and insert it back into the same hole. The vacuum in the cartridge will suck the ink from your syringe back into the cartridge. I use a vacuum pump to to suck my ink out which is just a small air compressor which i put a hose on the intake filter and it works well. It is a lot faster then using a syringe. I can re-fill the complete set in under 3 minutes without taking the cartridge apart.