I think I was JINXED!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
After reading several postings about malfunctioning EPSON PRO 3800 and 3880s with blocked or non firing and unclearable channels. I thought Baaah. That's never gonna happen to me!
Not even a days later my second 3800 which by the way is about 15K prints into its life. One foot in the grave maybe?
Anyway, it began to loose complete Cyan channel and Magenta even after a single day of non use.
Well, check out my video to see the happy conclusion to was could've been a tragedy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Yw1f7o0YI

Joe

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
You gotta be careful with those gremlins... Take their name in vain and they set about reminding you of their power :)

Of course it doesn't hurt to call their bluff once in a while and settle their troublesome ways for a bit. Good fix :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It is amazing how many purge unit problems can go unmissed because most guys are so quick the blame the print head especially on Canon printers.

Clean and maintain you purge unit periodically and you’ll have far less print issues..

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Even guys who "Think" they know it all!
Yes though this was a very rewarding experience, I was quite humbled at the end.

Joe