I think I fried my R1900!!!!!!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Here is an update on my R1900.
As I said earlier, yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver and I was finally able to print. PK was no longer in error.
This morning I tried printing some labels through MS Office and I received the double blinking paper feed / ink lights. The print dialog said I was trying to print a CD which of course I wasn't. I checked the front tray and nothing was out of place. I could print a nozzle check and test print with no problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drive yet again and so far so good. I can print from all programs without a problem. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Mikling, how do you think the R2000 compares to the R1900 as far as print quality and printer mechanics.
I am presently running OEM inks and the Gloss is unsurpassed. It looks like I am printing with a 1400 dye printer.
Not so using any other provider's 3rd party inks. The best I've been able to get as far as gloss goes is with Ink Republic's so called 2nd generation Gloss Optimizer along with IS inks.

I can't for the life on me understand why NO ONE has been able to duplicate the gloss quality of R1900 OEM inks and their Gloss Optimizer. There's nothing that can not be analyzed, reversed engineered and duplicated. I supposed it is a patent violation preventing them from doing so?

I bought like 16 gloss OEM carts on Ebay just for that purpose. But man, that should not be the case.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I suspect that the 2000 and 1900 is mainly in the cartridge size and the print quality is identical. Since I no longer have the 1900. You can try this exercise.
Download the R2000 driver and install it to get the R2000 ICMs. Get the matching one for the 1900 with the same media. Print an image with the 1900 using the two profiles and compare the two. If they are identical, then the guess becomes more solid but not necessarily 100%. If they differ then the RIP and ICMs and possibly the print engine is different.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Just looked over the specs in more detail. Theirmarketing department is in overdrive. The r2000 is supposed to have active meniscus technology. Well, that's new as best I can tell, and then there is Accuphoto HD. But wait what happened to Radiance technolgy on the 1900. The active meniscus first appeared on the larger wide formats but I was not aware that it had drifted down. But was it there but we didn't know about it?

Well the real proof is the print. Next week there is a photo show in town. I'll drop in and see what it's all about but the booth hosts usually don't know the real details,

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Off the wall question to Mikling.
Before I was able to prepare a couple of sets of OEM PGI-8 carts for my PRO 9000 MKIIs I had purchased a set of prefilled refillables with Auto reset chips for the same printer.
Now these reset after an empty condition is reached and you pop them off and back onto the printer. So you do have to wait till they are empty.
You can't reset a half empty cart.
Now, though you are not supposed to do this, I took my regular PGI-8 resetter and I inserted one of my refillable carts with the ARC, and it reset perfectly and the printer recognized it. No damage to the chip that I can discern.

OK that's the background for my actual question.
Is there a nine pin resetter for Epson chips such as used on the R1900 that I can use to "trick" my refillable carts chips in order to reset them before they are actually empty. My ultimate quest is to be able to refill one actual empty one, top off the rest and have them all resetted to full.
That will be possible as we now know with the new R2000 and R3000 refillable carts.

Or,,, is there actually a chip for these printers that will reset to full simply with an interruption of power like my PGI-9 ARChips I am now running on my PRO series Canons.

Is this a possible scenario or is this just a pipe dream??

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Dunno, there's lots of stuff out there.

The only way to discover is to try weird combinations and see if it works. Be prepared for disappointments and possibly neutered chips though so, don't try unless you are prepared to lose that item. I guess that is what experimentation is all about. There can be nice surprises and disappointment along the way.