I installed a profile in Windows but still can't see it?

tony22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
In the Canon Pro9000 dropdown for paper selections. I placed the ICM file in \Win\System32\Spool\Driver\Color and right-clicked, selected Install. That's all I used to do in the old days using Epson printers, but in this case the paper is still not showing up in the Canon paper dropdown list. I'm obviously missing a step. Any help is appreciated. Using Win7 x64.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
The profile must be selected within your photo editing software, NOT from the print driver window of Canon !!! Actually you must deselect colour management within the Pro 9000 driver window (colour/intensity: manual > manual colour adaptation: none). Your photo editing software is Qimage, Photoshop. Lightroom etc.

tony22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
The profile must be selected within your photo editing software, NOT from the print driver window of Canon !!! Actually you must deselect colour management within the Pro 9000 driver window (colour/intensity: manual > manual colour adaptation: none). Your photo editing software is Qimage, Photoshop. Lightroom etc.
Yes, I wasn't clear. I know how to do all this. What I forgot (duh) was in having to restart Photoshop. :rolleyes: