I Finally Did it... Got My CR-10 Going...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Today is a very good day because despite getting kicked in the nuts time and time again, I’ve managed to get my Beast up and running, and the smell of plastic been squashed out onto the hot bed once more is beautiful...

I’ve had a lot of twists and turns attempting to get this Beast working, and I reckon I changed and upgraded to many pieces all at once but never quite got them all singing from the same hymen sheet.

I’ve had to abandon all the planed up-grade parts and revert back to a new standard main board and even then, so many other pieces played up and slowed me down to a crawl and I just kept going two steps backwards...

But now with all the upgrades on hold I’ve started my first project today, and 5 hours in its going great, when I get my other printer up and running I will look at upgrading the CR-10 once again, in the mean time it’s... :weee:weee:weee:weee:weee

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
A girl who did IT support in the office where I worked years ago often would be on a call with a customer and diagnose the problem as being the Himem.sys but she sounded like she said "Hymen Sis" :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
No sooner had I got this thing running, it went belly up again and of course I am thinking the worst that it might be the Feckin main board, but it wasn’t thankfully.

As it was on its fourth print run the filament stopped extruding and clogged the head up completely, but it turned out the heater in the hot-end had failed.

When installing and testing the new main board the other day, the thermistor got damaged in the process and I changed it, but I reckon this may have also caused some damage to the cartridge heater, which later failed under load.

I should have replaced both the thermistor and heater together, but didn’t, so I’ll know next time, the printer is now back at its greatest and printing away beautifully, but I am having to reprint a few things a second time because I upgraded CURE to V3.31 and some of the setting are not quite where I’d like them to be...
P.S. I promise to steer clear of the hymn sheets...:oops: