I DID IT? OMG how fun is this?

inkadinkado

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I said I'd scream to the rooftops on my first Canon 220/221 cart refills and today was the day. I did my first refill and it was so fun!!! Can't believe how easy it is.

These squeasyfill bottles and caps in the Octoinkjet refill kit are a breeze. So easy and clean.

websnail
Sorry to be such a pain, but I have one quick question.
Do I leave the syringe attached to the squeasyfill cap on the squeasyfill bottle with a syringe cap on the needle - and just store it that way or, do I need to rinse the ink from the needle, disassemble the whole thing and replace the original bottle cap onto the ink bottle for storage?

Thanks for all your help and guidance. Your instructions included in your ink kit are very thorough. I will be recommending your website to everyone I know so they too can experience the joy of ink refilling.

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
1: Wipe the needle dry

2: Point the sqz bottle vertically and spray the ink IN the needle into a tissue.

3: Finished

3a: I dabbed a microtouch of oil on the needle to prevent sticking.

irv weiner

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I've never found it necessary to clean out the needle - after all, the ink cannot dry out.
I just wipe the ink from the outside of the needle and replace the cap on it.

inkadinkado

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks pebe.
I'm really liking the squeasyfill system and kit. It's so easy....just like it says.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Yep. And no doubt you will be printing lots of stuff just to have fun refilling again :)

inkadinkado

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks Redbrickman.

Installing my refilled cartridges and seeing them work like they were originals was a real kick. I had sort of been looking forward to, and dreading the day I needed to do this at the same time. Just had to have faith that everyone here was steering me in the right direction and you all came through like the pros that you are.

I also got a new, free printhead from Canon. Both of my printers were printing strange wide bands (although very lightly) with little black hairlike lines along the band edges for black and white photos. Color and text were great. So, the tech had me change out the black cartridges to be sure it was not a cart. He determined it was the printhead. However, after getting the printhead and installing it, and running a print check on the other machine as well (I had bought two), they were both still doing the same thing. I called Canon again, this time just fit to be tied. After explaining this history to the second Canon tech, he asked me what my settings were on my machine for black and white. I told him; plain paper, fast, and grayscale. He said therein may lie your problem. If your photo is already black and white, don't use the grayscale setting. VOILA!!!, both printers printed perfectly. I'm ecstatic. The reason I used that setting is that sometimes even on a photo that is already black and white (supposedly) it isn't really true B&W. And, on past printers I had to use grayscale setting even if the photo was already BW to get a true grayscale effect.

But, now I have two MP990 refurb printers that print like a dream which cost less than purchasing retail refills for all the carts, I can refill and print to my heart's content for a VERY long time, and I have an extra printhead to boot. Life is good.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Does this mean I can go to bed and not wait for the next helpdesk ticket then Sue? ;)

inkadinkado

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
websnail:

Yep. Dream away, Martin. No more dreaded helpdesk tickets thinking, "oh no, what does that woman want now?". Aren't you thrilled?

I just want to be one of those people who can say, "I"ve been top filling for (umpty bajillion) years with no problems". And, so far so good, thanks to you, Martin, and your wonderful SquEasyFill kit, as well as many of the refill masters on this forum. Everyone take heed to what these people tell you. They truly know what they are doing.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I'm an Inkjet Master Sue & I know bugger all:)