HP88 black printheads : Feedback please

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
panos said:
A refillable cartridge would fix a lot of issues but as you describe it, it's not an option either...
In truth, the best refillable cartridge is really one that has been converted from an original to make it refillable but if you're going to do that you might as well spent a little longer and convert it into gravity fed CIS unit.

I've a pretty good idea on how that is possible now but getting hold of individual parts instead of whole CIS systems is something of a trial to say the least... Ho hum... the joys of not having a few million stashed in a mattress somewhere ;)

devonlu

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP ME This is an issue which has occurred a few times,now and I am in the middle of trying to complete a postgraduate research thesis via distance learning and its causing huge problems (I live in a small town, there is nowhere I can go to get things printed for me, and I cannot pay rent at the moment let alone afford to go travelling off on the bus to different towns two or three times a day!)
I have an HP Officejet Pro L7680 printer, and while the cyan/ magenta printhead lasts like a dream for years on end with masses of printing, the black/ yellow one fails usually after printing about 100 pages or so. I have checked ink cartridge levels, reset the printer, cleaned print heads, calibrated line feed, everything you can think of, and it has no effect.

The printer is in a dry, dust free area, normal room temp, not near any heaters or anything. Obviously I cannot afford to replace a print head every 100 pages or so!
All advice as to what to try to at least keep the printer limping through the summer is desparately needed. I am in tears and had to take sleeping tablets to rey and relax over this a tad so sorry not a lot making sense but please if you have adive please help me. HP are ignoring and deleting all my queries on this.

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
Hello all. I am having problem with the cyan an the magenta printhead, i have had a few that has gone bad.. What can i do to fix the problem ?