Hp reset method, have you heard or tried this?

Wondering_Mike

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for your input thusfar, althought I'm wondering if I'm the only on this forum who is using a HP 5150. I know it's an old printer but there has to be someone on this forum that also uses the HP 5150.

Meanwhile, I found this method of resetting HP carts:

Another possible method I heard of which might work on HP Lexmark and Dell is to remove both cartridges from the printer, Power the printer on / off at wall supply about 6 times - leave 30 seconds or so between each power on / off to the printer. The idea here is that the printer without ink cartridges in has no cartridge "To memorize" and that at the end of the procedure any inkjet cartridge introduced is treated as a "New ink cartridge" - No confirmation yet that this method is effective
http://www.inktec-uk.co.uk/57_58_reset.htm (source)

Yeah I also read this line. Just tell me if ANYONE heard or TRIED this?

Thanks in advance!

Wondering_Mike

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The weirdest thing that happened to me a couple of times, it's the following:
When ever I print a lot of pages, the ink light will light up (not flashing). I take the cartridge out, fill it with a few cc's of ink and then place it back. The ink light has gone out and it will continue to print as though nothing has happened. It might spontaneously print an alignment page but that's about it.

Does anybody have an idea what is happening here?