HP printer question

Serville

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm helping a friend who wants to buy HP OfficeJet 5600 series. This printer is using HP27 Black (or HP56 High Capacity) & HP22 Color.
I'm not familiar with HP refill protection scheme. How does HP actually implement refill protection on this printer ? With chip? On the ink cartridge or on the printer? Can the cartridge be reseted after refill ? Is the reset procedure done to the cartridge or the printer ?

I have checked many sites can refill the cartridges, but I'm not sure whether simply refilling the cartridges will make it work.
I just want to make sure that the protection is not on the printer itself which can identify the same cartridge is being plugged in.

Anyone familiar ? THanks.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Keep checking for the reset procedure. You have a choice of taping contacts and inserting and retaping two times to reset the cartridge. The other alternative is to have three black and three color cartridges that are rotated. It isn't really a case of resetting the cartridge as it is a case flushing the memory of the cartridge ID from the printer's memory.

Each cartridge has an ID. The printer can only remember the last three cartridges at any time. So by taping certain contacts, we change the ID of the cartridge and introduce it to the printer. As we continue introducing new IDs, the latest of the 3 IDs keeps getting erased.

HP no longer uses this scheme on their current printers.

Good Luck.