HP photosmart C309a progress toward CISS and/or magenta t-shoot.

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello, thought I'd punish myself some more with this thing. With new print head, and oem carts or refilled oem or mis universal carts, I get what seems to be ink starving on magenta only.

So I am going to try a cheap ciss system I ordered mainly for the hose and to later do the Lithuanian Tic-tac DIY stuff posted here.

For now I want to just use the magenta tank and hose, and raise or lower the tank to see if pressure will make the magenta ok. If so, I will proceed to do the DIY CISS thing because it looks best with the constant pressure features, atmospheric correction, etc.

My question is where to put the fill hose? I have these choices:

OEM XL and non XL chambered oem carts. Do I put hose on sponge side, using the hole at end of labyrinth vent or do I drill into the extra chamber of XL? Or use the sponge only oem.
If I drill into extra chamber, do I then leave sponge side vent open? (I doubt it cause of need of suckage up into cart).

Using MIS universal carts: They have a XL chamber with a rubber plug on the chamber side, and a plain non-labyrinth hole over the sponge.

Do I put hose in place of sponge vent, and then do I need to put ink in the XL chamber to keep air from getting to bottom of sponge?

Or do I put hose over XL chamber, and seal off the sponge vent with hot glue?

How far in to put the hose? Submerge it in XL tank, push deep into sponge, or just use the attachment elbows which only seem to go into top and not inside.
Thanks