HP Photosmart 7150 Print test.

lindarw

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all, first post here so be gentle if you can :)

Does anyone know how to perform a print test with this printer without it being hooked up to a computer?

I believe a combination of button pressing whilst holding down the on/off button does the trick, but after 'googling' I can't seem to find any information.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Are you sure it's even possible? What results would you get? A test page?

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
This link (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...sId=306730&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=bpj06101) says: "Print a Configuration page by using the front panel of the printer to go to the Information menu or the Testmenu and find the Print Configuration or the Self Test menu."

The 7150 isn't mentioned in that sentence, but it is mentioned further down in the link, so I hope that a test page can be generated in that manner.

lindarw

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Simon R. said:
Are you sure it's even possible? What results would you get? A test page?
Yes, it's possible and yes, it gets me a test page which is what I was asking for in my first post, though I did call it a print test rather than a test page. Perhaps that's where you were getting confused.

The combination is :- Hold down the on/off button and whilst doing so, hit the ink indicator button eight times, then hit the paper feed button four times, then release the on/off button. The result is the printer will print a test page which is what I needed.

Thank you for the link Grandad35. It didn't help me unfortunately, but I did get help on another forum, so thank you for everyone who took the time to look and/or reply.