Hp officejet pro X series

Tim Reed

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
hp k8600dn
Hi:

I am interested in buying an Hp officejet pro x551dw.
For many years I have used an officejet pro K8600dn and k5400dn. We originally bought 4 gallons of ink and have finally used up the gallon of black. We print heavy volumes.

The only problem we have had is replacing printheads every year and a half to two years.

Does anybody have experience with an x series printer using aftermarket ink and either refillable carts or CIS?
What brand of ink have you successfully used?
I am concerned about this because of the pagewide printhead.
Has anybody experienced problems with these printheads?
Thanks
Tim

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @Tim Reed and welcome, we don’t have much feedback on HP printers in general especially the Officejet Pro.

Saying that the Officejet Pro is built for speed and high volume so it should suit you needs in everyway possible.

There are good CISS units available for this printer that are a cinch to fit and maintain, most of these CISS units are sold from Alibaba and come with or without inks which is good quality pigment anyway.

The only downside of one of these machines is its inability to produce very high quality photos, it only comes with four colours but you still won’t be disappointed because most HP’s only have 3 colours anyway.

Overall it’s a pretty good machine and I don’t reckon you’d be disappointed by it especially if you use a CISS to reduce your print costs.

Good luck with your purchase and I hope you have a good long run with it..