HP Ink Monitor Disable

kabu

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Dang, this is annoying. I'm not sure if the method for disabling my Officejet Pro K5400's ink monitor is in the instructions that I can't locate, but I'm definately have a heck of a time locating it on the Internet or in HP's software! Has anyone here disabled it yet?

I'm trying to print something out for work but apparently I'm out of blue and cyan ink, even though I've only been printing in black and white for the last month! :mad:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
kabu said:
Dang, this is annoying. I'm not sure if the method for disabling my Officejet Pro K5400's ink monitor is in the instructions that I can't locate, but I'm definately have a heck of a time locating it on the Internet or in HP's software! Has anyone here disabled it yet?

I'm trying to print something out for work but apparently I'm out of blue and cyan ink, even though I've only been printing in black and white for the last month! :mad:
The only way I've found for disabling the ink monitoring is to use a non-HP chip that the printer recognises as being empty AND being non-HP...

I don't think there's an equivalent way as you'd get with the Canons... Oh and worth noting that the rubber bulb on the base of the cartridge is used by the printer to gauge if the cartridge is full or empty.. if air has leaked into that part you'll find the printer declares the cartridges empty.

kabu

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks. I guess there's no quick way around this. HP ink cartridges are definitely expensive in Brazil, so I won't be continuing to use them. I think I'll look into getting an continuous ink system from the city center...