HP Deskjet 2050 basic qustion!

Donkeyoatay

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I do apologize for asking this basic question but having just spent a couple of frustrating hours searching the web I still do not know the answer. I have to admit my knowledge of printers is zero!

Can some knowledgeable person please confirm if I can refill the cartridges that came with the HP Deskjet 2050? If the answer is yes what do I need to purchase to do it. I live in southern Spain where ink supplies are pretty well non existent, but thanks to this forum I found a company in the UK who appear to offer a good selection of products for refilling and can ship to Spain.

Are there any instructions available on refilling for a complete novice? If the cartridges in the HP are not suitable for refilling, what other brand would be better suited for this purpose. I still have not unpacked the HP yet and I can exchange it for something else. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Michael.

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
I can't answer your question about the HP 201 carts as I have no experience with them. I do, however, know that you can easily refill the Canon carts very easily and inexpensively using the German Refill method. Search this site and you will find many people prefer this method. You can also find tutorials and videos of the process. There are many vendors offering refill kits for these carts and several ink manufacturers. You can also find chip resetters for these carts on Ebay. Refilling questions aside, I feel that the Canon printers are much more versatile offering multiple paper paths, duplex printing, the ability to print on CD's and in my opinion a much more friendly driver.