HP 6000 refilled cartridge problem

Bradentonbrian

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am replacing the ink cartridges with refilled cartgidges for the first time. The low ink indicator came on and will not go off, which I have read is the case. Now the quality of photo is very poor. Appears the cyan color is maybe not coming through. The unit is only about 3 months old. Are the new printers geared to do this to keep you buying HP cartridges? I originally used HP and had no problem.

Thanks for any input.

BradentonBrian

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Either you're out of ink or the cartridge is not flowing correctly. I've had some problems of my own with HP564 cartridges (which are similar to yours, I think) not flowing correctly and haven't diagnosed it completely yet, but I think it's a common problem.

How long has it been since you refilled? How many pages and how much time? Did it work after you refilled?

LeeE

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have an Officejet 6000 also, It comes with HP 920 cartridges black, cyan, magenta & yellow (also can use the XL version at a higher price :( )

I have refilled the original 920 cartridges many times without problems. I find the InkTek refill kit (fixtures) to be the best refill method (no holes to drill etc).
I don't think the fixtures would refill the tank of the XL version however I find the standard 920 version works well for me as the printer doesn't waste a lot of ink.'

The ink level indicator light go thru different cycles of indicating and sometimes the printing stops (just press 'Resume' to continue) after the printer determines that a cartridge is totally empty (used) then its light goes out and will no longer annoy you ( each cartridge will go thru this cycle). There isn't a resetter for these cartridges!

When the printing indicates that a cartridge isn't functioning then refill it (and perhaps the rest of the cartridges). You can also determine when a cartridge needs refilled by weighing them.

It generally requires running a cleaning cycle to get the refilled cartridges (or perhaps even removed & replaced) to properly function! :p