HP 56/57 filled carts, now what?

Bonesy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I refilled the color and b/w carts to the best of my ability and now I can't get the computer to recognize the refilled carts. I follow the directions given to tape the tabs three times but I still get the same errors.

One says to check the right cartridge and the other says incorrect cartridge. At no point does it print an alignment page.

The instructions told me to turn off the computer and then tape one of the tabs and then turn the computer back on. I did that and then get the first "check the right cartridge" error. I repeat the process taping more tabs without turning the computer off and still get errors even after the third time. Am I missing something here? Is there some order for turning off the computer or printer? Do I have to do both after each time that I tape the tabs in the back? Very confused.

Thanks for reading.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The printer recognizes the cartridge ID. You probably contaminated the contacts on the cartridge. Clean it carefully and try again.

Bonesy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yes Jackson, those are the instuctions. The only difference is that after the first taping, they ask me to turn the computer off. At no point does the printer print an alignment page though. I always get the error.

I will try to clean the contacts better as suggested in the next post though.

Thanks