HP 1100 Too Pink

awang429

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have enherited an HP 1100 at my office. I am 99% sure that all of the cartridges are new. any time I print color there is a very strong pink hue to the entire image. Any tips for trouble shooting or fixing this prob?

Thanks

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I'm familiar with many printers, but not this particular one. I would check in your printer driver settings "advanced" section, and see what the presets are. if the RGB or CYMK settings have a slider, see if the magenta is set at 100%. If it has a slider, try it at 90%, 80%, etc until you have a less pinkish hue. You can then create a printer profile which will work with the photo paper you are using.

Also, you can remove pink any unpleasant hues with most Photo image editors through colour correction.

Try with different photo papers first..this can be a paper problem- rare, but it happens.

Also, are these genuine HP cartridges, or refilled ones.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Is that the 1100d/dtn Business Inkjet with the giant #10/#11 cartridges, or the PSC 1100 All-In-One (which was one of the last series of small, inexpensive all-in-ones that took the 56/57 large cartridges)? If it's the PSC 1100, then you'd be best buying a new color cartridge to test it. If it's the 1100d, this printer has separate cartridges and print heads. The printer is usually pretty good about telling you when a printhead is worn out, but sometimes they get dried out when not used and the software doesn't catch this. You should first make sure the ink cartridges are not empty - the software will give you ink level information. The cyan printhead could be clogged. The software will give you cleaning cycle options as well. It could also be that the printheads need to be aligned, and the magenta one is not centered over the other colors, so an alignment page could also be the answer.

Don't put too much money into buying new parts for this printer - if one printhead is worn out, the others may be getting close to the end as well. A full set of printheads and cartridges is more than the price of a new K5400 (HP's latest model in this series).