How to turn off wifi in ET-3750

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
Hi,
I am trying to disable the wifi in my Epson ET-3750 but when I do what the instructions say if says that the WFI is already disabled, but it isn't as I pick up the signal on my emf meter.

Does anyone know what to do at this point? I am willing to remove the antenna if that is what it takes.

It seems to have done this by itself and it seems to be turning itself on and downloading or uploading stuff on its own. Getting a bit spooky.
Al

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I pick up the signal on my emf meter.
And that emf meter shows actual data transmission ? How ? Disabling transmission and turning off power could be a different thing.

Epson is installing a separate program 'Epson Software Updater' as part of the software/driver installation, and this allows you to activate/de-activate updates of firmware and software; the printer does not communicate directly with Epson but only via this software updater.

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
Ink Stained Fingers,
Thanks, I appreciate the explanation.

I do not know if it is d/l or u/l by itself but it makes sense that it is, because it seems to have gotten the firmware change without my input, and it started up the wifi by itself. I recall maybe a couple of days ago the printer started making noises without any input from me and it was turned off as it normally is The internet connection was plugged in.
I should have explained that I am (for whatever reason) electrosensitive. If I am around wifi it puts me to sleep and makes me grumpy. I have no transmitters in the house except for the printer now.
The EMF meter is a decent quality one and it shows a very strong signal when the printerWifi is on.

I contacted Epson and they said to reset the network settings which I did and it seemed to cut out most of the EMF but there is still a residual amount, but it disappears when I turn off the printer. I am puzzled as to why there is any noise as there was none before.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Which system are you using Windows or Mac ? There is a utility/maintenance tab in the Windows driver and a button 'Printer and Option Information' - what do you get there - settings for the power off and sleep timer ? You should check the power off timer and activate it - that's not always on as a default setting after installation .

How is the printer connected currently to the computer ? A WLAN device is typically searching for a base - e.g. a DSL router - to connect to; the manual should describe how to turn off WLAN .

Epson driver typically have a button 'Software update' on the maintenance/utility page at the bottom right corner, that's calling up the Software updater program which allows you to make several settings for an automatic software/firmware update via the computer or not .
And you should check the button 'monitoring Preferences' which let you (de)select 'Display Epson offers' and 'Share my usage information with Epson' . But be aware that driver details may vary between different printer models.

Last edited:

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
Thanks Ink stained Fingers,

Sorry for the delay. I am using an imac which is connected via USB (I removed the ethernet). I only turn on the printer for printing.

Thanks for the details on the preferences as sometimes they are not obvious.

Appreciate the assistance !
Alan

Latest posts