How To Reset Hp 818

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I have a HP 4288 AIO Printer, the indictors indicate empty even after effective refilling, though the printer
prints yet I would like to know if the HP 818 Black and color can be reset,

Thanks & Regards,

Jasii

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Hello Anybody There?????????

Would Love It If Somebody Knows How To Reset A H.p 818 Black And Color Cartridge.
A Lot Of These Are Coming In For Refills And Resetting Them Would Help.

Rgds,

Jasii

Revolution

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My friend bought a new HP Deskjet 2418 AIO Printer.
It comes with only demo cartridges.....:(
We can use 818 black/tri color or 818XL black/tri color for it.
Are those refillable ?
I heard that HP uses chip on there cartridges,so you can't refill many times ?

Revolution

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
What is the difference between HP 818 and 818L and 818XL cartridges ?
Is the difference size ?
Or they just pour less ink or more ink at same size cartridges and give different names ?

Prashob131

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
jasiiboss said:
Hello Anybody There?????????

Would Love It If Somebody Knows How To Reset A H.p 818 Black And Color Cartridge.
A Lot Of These Are Coming In For Refills And Resetting Them Would Help.

Rgds,

Jasii
You cant reset hp 818 cartridge, one shud refill hp818 before the ink runs out completely, refill the cartridge when the ink level reaches last level.
If ink runs out, hp printer detects it and says cartridge out of ink ,this information(out of ink) is stored in cartridges flash memory , and its not possible to erase this memory(a method may arise in future), So it shows cartridge out ink even if one refills it, Its HP's trick to make us buy new Cartridges.

Revolution said:
My friend bought a new HP Deskjet 2418 AIO Printer.
It comes with only demo cartridges.....:(
We can use 818 black/tri color or 818XL black/tri color for it.
Are those refillable ?
I heard that HP uses chip on there cartridges,so you can't refill many times ?
Yes u can refill hp818b and 818XL, but refill before ink runs out, once u refill u wont get ink level indicator anymore and needs to rely on guess work, i am on my third refill(818b) and its still printing.

Revolution said:
What is the difference between HP 818 and 818L and 818XL cartridges ?
Is the difference size ?
difference is in the capacity
818b = 4ml
818XL = 12ml

Revolution said:
Or they just pour less ink or more ink at same size cartridges and give different names ?
Good question, but i dnt know if its the same size cartridge with different inklevels or altogether different size(sponge size) cartridge.

Can any one answer this?

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
however, when a cartridge goes empty you said the printer stores it in the memory so if you refill that cartridge will it print or do the nozzles in the print head get turned off for that cartridge i would think the techs can get in and reset the memory. just a thought what if you remove the chip from the cartridge it can't be that easy can it?

Revolution

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Prashob131 said:
Yes u can refill hp818b and 818XL, but refill before ink runs out, once u refill u wont get ink level indicator anymore and needs to rely on guess work, i am on my third refill(818b) and its still printing.
I guess the Demo Black(comes with HP F2418 AIO) cartridge run out of ink cos now it print totally in fade washed out totally light black color.
But the strange thing is the AIO have not shown any low ink warning.
You said that this is your 3rd refill.
So,how many times u can refill a HP 818 cartridge ?
And I have to buy a new cartridge when the cartridge will not be refillable any more ?
So,I should buy normal 818 or 818XL ?
I mean which one better for refilling ?
Cos u know bigger cartridges are better for refilling.....

Prashob131

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
mrelmo said:
however, when a cartridge goes empty you said the printer stores it in the memory so if you refill that cartridge will it print or do the nozzles in the print head get turned off for that cartridge i would think the techs can get in and reset the memory. just a thought what if you remove the chip from the cartridge it can't be that easy can it?
New hp Printers wont print if the refilled cartridge is emptied previously. Its very difficult to erase the memory, that why no method havnt surfaced yet

Revolution said:
I guess the Demo Black(comes with HP F2418 AIO) cartridge run out of ink cos now it print totally in fade washed out totally light black color.
But the strange thing is the AIO have not shown any low ink warning.
You said that this is your 3rd refill.
So,how many times u can refill a HP 818 cartridge ?
And I have to buy a new cartridge when the cartridge will not be refillable any more ?
So,I should buy normal 818 or 818XL ?
I mean which one better for refilling ?
Cos u know bigger cartridges are better for refilling.....
If low ink warning didn't come up yet, Refill your cartridge with 3~4ml of ink as soon as possible.
Hp818 can be refilled many times if done carefully....like not damaging filters at the bottom of cartridge,not touching print heads...
Its better to buy 818 small because XL is priced much higher, only problem with 818 small is that u have to refill often.