how to remove streaks or dust from printed paper?

junohtun

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a printer Canon LBP 3010b.Now I have a problem that is my printed result is worse!On the left of printed paper,there are verticle streaks(ink or toner).What should I do?Must clean the cartride?And then how to clean my cartride of LBP 3010b?Anyone help me please as soon as you can!thx everyone:(

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
May be the paper feed roller is dirty and leaves toner marks on the paper. Can you reach and see if it's dirty and clean it if needed?

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
My HP Laserjet 6P was streaking, 1" wide column, on the left side last week. The problem was the fuser film sleeve in the Fuser assembly. After I took the Fuser assembly out, the fuser film sleeve is not complete with the left side missing which corresponds to the streaking on the left page.

I ordered a replacement fuser film sleeve from eBay for $15. My Laserjet 6P is back to printing duty like new...

Back to your problem. Without taking your printer apart, you can do a halfway test. Laser printer puts the toner on a paper first and then toner is fused to the paper by passing through a Fuser assembly. Halfway test is to stop the printer after toner image is on the paper and review the result.
1. If the image is perfect on paper, it is Fuser assembly problem.
2. If the image streaks, the problem is on the toner cartridge.

Read this for details --> http://www.printertechs.com/tech/print-defects/halfwaytest.php

sukhera

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If printed pages has big longitudinal line approx half inch then what should I do?