how to re-insert a Canon Pixma iP1500 printhead?

canonpixma

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi to you all!

New to the forum, and I have a question. I read a lot about cleaning clogged printheads here and everywhere, but didn't find an answer to my problem yet. Hopefully somebody here can help.

I have a problem with my Canon Pixma iP1500. Less and less nozzles were printing. So I tried cleaning, then deep-cleaning (also could fix the waste ink tank issue), but finally I decided to take out the printhead and clean it.

The trouble only starts here. For I can't re-insert it! Of course I can put it in and fix the holder. But my printer insists that there is no printhead installed (blinking 5 times red and once green).

My guess is that this is a feature from Canon, preventing the user from taking out the printhead and cleaning it, because they want to sell a new one. And there is the explicit warning in the manual: Never attempt to open the printhead-holder again, so I can't even say they didn't warn me.

But, nevertheless I would like to know: Is there a way around it? How can I make my printer recognize its printhead again?

Thanks for all advice!

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
canonpixma said:
Hi to you all!

New to the forum, and I have a question. I read a lot about cleaning clogged printheads here and everywhere, but didn't find an answer to my problem yet. Hopefully somebody here can help.

I have a problem with my Canon Pixma iP1500. Less and less nozzles were printing. So I tried cleaning, then deep-cleaning (also could fix the waste ink tank issue), but finally I decided to take out the printhead and clean it.

The trouble only starts here. For I can't re-insert it! Of course I can put it in and fix the holder. But my printer insists that there is no printhead installed (blinking 5 times red and once green).

My guess is that this is a feature from Canon, preventing the user from taking out the printhead and cleaning it, because they want to sell a new one. And there is the explicit warning in the manual: Never attempt to open the printhead-holder again, so I can't even say they didn't warn me.

But, nevertheless I would like to know: Is there a way around it? How can I make my printer recognize its printhead again?

Thanks for all advice!
Never heard of this so called "feature from Canon, preventing the user from taking out the print head and cleaning it"

Clean the golden contacts with isopropyl alcohol and with eraser, I think there is a electrical problem.
How did you clean the print head when you removed it? Did you touch the contacts with your fingers etc.

Print heads are fragile electronic components and depending on what clothes you wear you can damage it instantly if you touch the contacts while handling it if you have accumulated allot of static electricity.