How to Print 2 books in 1 booklet?

sampheap

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I got 2 pdf files from my client - one in English, the other in Khmer. Both designed in A4 and I was asked to print in A5 booklet.
I could do just fine to print either English or Khmer in its own A5 booklet, but when I was asked to combine these 2 languages in single booklet in reversed flipping - half of the booklet is Khmer, the other flip is English (everything is in the attachment - also you can see the pics here for my intended prints), I am now lost!
I would be really appreciated if anyone here have any idea how to achieve this print.

All the best,
Sampheap

P.S: I also tried to reverse and rotate 180 degree the English .pdf pages then inserted it to last of the Khmer pages, but once I created the booklet it turned up again!
I am using BookletCreator to make booklet.

Attachments

• Reverse-Flipping Booklet Eng-Kh.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 467

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
OK, help is on hand if I can just understand what exactly you want to do with the two PDF booklets !

Am I right in thinking that you want to produce one single A5 booklet in Khmer consisting of 24 pages and then the same24 pages in English but reading this time upside-down to the other making a reversible 48 page booklet ?

My next question is, your uploaded file consists of 6 PDF’s and 2 JPEG’s so which of these two do you want to use in the final booklet ?

Another question, because most of the text in both languages are already in A5 size format but are they reading correctly for booklet format or are they just laid out with one page following the other i.e. 1-24 ?

If you give me the correct answers to all my questions then I will make up the sheets in a single book format for you.. :)

P.S. it would sure help if you had given each sheet a number. :oops:

sampheap

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Yes, you are right about the intended booklet - upside-down. And for the 6 pdf, there are only 2 actual files in original A4 layouts, others are just what I tried to do the booklets, and for 2 pictures there are to explain how I want the book to produce that look.

Anyway, I do some searching and see this 'If you rotated the pages in Acrobat it really doesn't rotate anything. It just changes the way it displays 180 degrees.' Is this why BookletCreator doesn't honor the rotation?

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Acrobat can only output what you have created and it’s too late to manipulate it afterwards, you’d have to start over again by making a new document.

My offer still stands to combine the two A4 PDF layouts into A5 booklet format for you and return it as a single PDF.

I have never used booklet Creator but I imagine it has some sort of restriction imposed on it, in that it can manipulate the pages but can’t change the layout format..

sampheap

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind offer. I am attaching you the actual 2 books to combine into a reversible booklet. I would be really appreciated if you could give me some tips how you do this too.

Update: At last I found the way

Print reversible A5 booklet (#1 and #2 file)
--------------
1. Reverse and rotate 180 degree to file #2
2. Merge file #2 to the last of #1
3. Print using 'Booklet' feature in Acrobat with the following options:
a. Booklet Subset: Both Sides (if your printer supported)
b. Binding: Left
c. Orientation: Landscape > check Auto-rotate pages.

Thanks to all helps; and I am still happy to learn more tips.

Attachments

• Reverse-Flipping Booklet Eng-Kh.zip
    461.5 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
However as I don’t have the correct Khmer Font for that side of the booklet I had to use Tiff files instead resulting in the PDF been 48 MB in size so I can’t post it here for you, but if you sent me the font I will correct that and use your original PDF text ! Then the size will be manageable.

If you interested your idea of just reversing one document into the other won’t work it’s a little bit more difficult than that, here’s a couple of pages laid out correctly..

upload_2014-6-18_22-27-51.png
Capture 4.PNG

Attachments

• upload_2014-6-18_22-19-1.png
    upload_2014-6-18_22-19-1.png
    826.6 KB · Views: 393

sampheap

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
@The Hat , they are free unicode fonts attached. Yes, I would be really interested how it is done.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Collected Fonts.zip
    679.9 KB · Views: 367

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
If you wish to know how to make up your own booklet from the two PDF’s then you’ll have to use an Application like Illustrator or InDesign to lay out the pages in the right order.

When you have your layout set to A4 landscape then you need to paste the first Khmer page on the right side of your layout and then the first English page upside down on the left.

Now you have the first page nearly complete you then have to reduce both pages to 73% to get them to fit correctly side by side as two A5’s on your A4 layout.

You do exactly the same with the remaining 20 pages but remember to have the odd pages on the right and the even pages on the left and to rotate each English page upside down !
Sample
Click to enlarge upload_2014-6-19_12-32-24.png

I still can’t complete your booklet without these two remaining missing fonts ! !
LmnTTantBig KhmerOSbattambang

Click to enlarge upload_2014-6-19_12-33-23.png

To print without using Duplex just set your printer to print the odd pages first and when complete then put the paper back through again to print the even numbers on the backs..
EASY :thumbsup

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
@The Hat, all this and you complain about profiles and Macs!:barnie