How to go about flushing all ink out of a 3880?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Do You think my unused matte black 80ml is enough to print it out ?
That should suffice for those 185 pages....
isn't it amazing how much is happening at such small nozzles...

berserk

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
It should be forbidden!
I understand (hmm hmm..) however how can a normal-brained fellow understand.:pop
That is - we do not now what we are doing - that's criminal and add to that - we pay for it....

I'll invent a printer using normal artist brushes from the art shop and cans of ordinary oil paint!
Even apes can do art - seen it on TV!:ya
If it's not "art" then it is an "installation"...same prize or more!

OK! - We have some fun...do we not?
Not even PAA helped - "Printer Addicted Anonymous" that is.
On the contrary - we are in a way helping each other in the "wrong" way at each enthusiastic meeting.
So far, as others, I have not yet ruined my family...

Last edited:

J.Emmett Turner

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 3880; CR-10; C250DN; E809a
I thoroughly enjoyed this thread, but this was the biggest revelation for me by far. Everyone told me that the ink switch valve was not available without the expensive ink supply system! I spent WAY too much money. :(

I ended up using my old primed/charged/initialized ink lines and just swapped out the damper/switch valve assembly. To prime the dampers without an adjustment program and hundreds of dollars of ink, I ran a few inks switches and automatic head cleanings. The automatic nozzle cleanings only test half the colors at a time but they automatically flush and retest if they see a problem, which works perfectly for this. It continues until the test pattern gets too long to complete on a standard sized piece of paper, so it eventually errors out. My PK line had completely drained so I recall that I only needed to do this a few times before black was the only issue (PK needed to charge a lot more than just the damper!) Of course, purging a damper full of air with each PK->MK switch soon took care of that.