How To Flush A Single Line On Epson 3880

Ian Barber

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3880
es. Take a look at Keith Cooper's write-up on using the Colormunki

I can create the curves ok now with the Munki but I am having issues measuring the ink separation patches as they are quite small.

Out of interest, what curves have you already created for the 3880

RogerB

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pro3880
I can create the curves ok now with the Munki but I am having issues measuring the ink separation patches as they are quite small.

Out of interest, what curves have you already created for the 3880
You can edit the ink separation image in PS if you need bigger patches. You do need to be careful when you edit to retain the No Color Management, but other than that it's just like any other file.The patches are really sized for the i1Pro, but people on this forum who use the Munki for ArgyllCMS seem to be able to read small patches OK. I think Emulator actually described his DIY rig to make it easier. Take a look at the ArgyllCMS thread.

I have curves for my "best" papers - Innova IFA-15 and IFA-45, and Harman Gloss Baryta. In practice you should find that one of the supplied curves should give you a good approximation to a "new" paper of a similar type. If you get close you can do a linearisation and perhaps tweak the toner strengths to get it to your liking.