How to find out the Canon printhead part no?

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
How to find out what is the printhead part for Canon printer? I search online while I know the part no of the printhead according to my printer model listed at the website. But how can I check physically inside the machine to tell what is the printhead part no? I removed the canon printhead and cannot see anything that might suggest the model/part no.

Appreciate your advice as I think I might need to get a new printhead so I just want to make sure I am not going to get a wrong printhead.

Thanks.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Actually, the printhead # IS on the printhead. Take it out of the printer, and look on the left side, where it is engraved.

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Manuchau said:
Actually, the printhead # IS on the printhead. Take it out of the printer, and look on the left side, where it is engraved.
Gosh, you have a very good eye-sight. I didn't even noticed the number at the left as it was rather faint. I kept looking everywhere on the printhead and inside the machine yet I couldn't see the number other than the printer serial number. Probably I missed it while holding the printhead and my thumb was covering the number.

Thanks a millon. :)

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hi I had source around and decided to get used 'workable' printhead instead since a new printhead may not be feasible for me. As the cost of the item + shipping and thereafter exchange rate will render a new printhead uneconomically to me in the end.

I had contacted this seller from Canada, buy_2sell, on 19 Jan 08. After several emails, we have more or less work out the payment method except the shipping charges which he hasn't get back to me. My last email again to the the seller was on Fri, 25 Jan 08 as there was no further response from the seller since Tues, 22 Jan 08. As such, we have not close the deal yet. It has been many days since we first corresponded. Now I don't know what to do. Has the seller gone 'Missing In Action'? Because I don't know how long should I wait for his email. I am from oversea, I don't have much experience dealing with independent auction sellers other than reputable stores such as Amazon etc.