How to clean out purge tubes Canon iP3000

CFB

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello:
Wow I'm glad I found this forum...this is a last ditch effort to try and save my ip3000. BTW I have read a lot of posts trying to search first for an answer.

Have only used Canon inks. Only use this printer for text docs. Not a heavy user...sometimes days go by w/o priniting, so it's not like I have worn out this trusty little printer that I really like very much.

Problem: text or graphic image with any hue of a red or burgandy coloration comes out turquoise-greeenish in color; happens with new tanks, half full tanks, etc.

I was able to get the correct colors to start printing after running many test sheets...used large font lettering in primary colors to finally get accurate printed colors. Have done this maybe 4-5 times over course of last few months (I keep hoping trouble will just go away...lol!)

But, because I don't use it everyday...it would "normally" revert to greenish color problem. Every now & then it would print corect.

I tried to get answer from Canon. They sent me email saying "never heard of this before...bla bla bla...try uninstalling and reinstalling software." That solution worked one time.

Uninstall/reinstall did nothing yesterday.

Just now, nozzle check printed both Magenta lines as greenish tint and all solid little "boxes" on right and left of "6C", "6M" & "6Y" are green as opposed to black as displayed in Maintenance pop-up display window.

I talked w/factory repair store and gentleman told me it didn't sound like Printer head, but the PURGE UNIT. That it was sucking the ink back up as opposed to allowing it to come out. :/

I seem to remember finding a post w/photos on this site months ago (should have bookmarked it!) discussing how to flush out purge tubes.

Any help on last-ditch effort to save this printer is appreciated. Short of paying close to $100 for new purge unit + labor chg...I might as well go and buy new Canon ip3300 then, if that is the case. :)

Thank you very much for any help offered in advance.

CFB