How to clean just the black on pro9000 head.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Thanks again The Hat & Stratman:) The pro 9000 has been used by my missus since I got the pro 9500 & I knew the head had a problem but it printed out the stuff she needed so the head is probably buggered.
The brightness & contrast difference in the nozzle checks is because & shot them with my camera & used auto brightness in PS as we don't have a scanner hooked up. We bought a Canon A4 endurance G3610 for her it's one of those with the built in mega tanks. The bottles of ink are a lot cheaper than buying carts, $23 for a 70ml bottle. I can also use aftermarket inks as the tanks inside the printer have open tops so I can pour the ink in but at $23 for 70ml $23 it's not too expensive to use the canon inks a.
I will try a long soak on the 9000 head & see how that goes & hope they bring out a resetter for the prograf 300 or someone in Brisbane is selling a pro 10.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You are most welcome, rodbam. I hate to see one of the members lose their trust printer. Who knows, maybe aa few weeks soaking at the Spa de Rodbam will get the Black to come back. :idunno

If you do find a well treated Pro 10 in another city then consider a nice day trip with Mrs. Rodbam, maybe a nice meal in a place you don't have in your area. Dare I say a romantic overnight stay? Have some fun so that even if the printer does not pan out after the long drive you'll still be making nice memories with the one you love. :thumbsup

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you do find a well treated Pro 10 in another city then consider a nice day trip with Mrs. Rodbam, maybe a nice meal in a place you don't have in your area. Dare I say a romantic overnight stay? Have some fun so that even if the printer does not pan out after the long drive you'll still be making nice memories with the one you love.
That makes perfect sense to me… I love road trips..:hugs
P.S. Just a taught, I wonder how @3dogs is doing..:idunno

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Haha you two are funny:) I will try a long soak & see how that goes. The problem with a trip interstate to pick up a printer is if that state has a covid scare we would have to go into 2 weeks quarantine before they would let us back in to Queensland.
That would make the Pro 10 very expensive a. Me missus loves your idea of a few days away though:)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Love may conquer all but 2 weeks in a crappy hotel room with shoddy room service and the tv and air conditioning playing hide and seek is not a romantic getaway. :mad:

All the best to Mrs. Rodbam. :frow

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Love may conquer all but 2 weeks in a crappy hotel room with shoddy room service and the tv and air conditioning playing hide and seek is not a romantic getaway.
Ah YES.. but you’d have a new printer to keep you occupied and save you energy..:hugs:lol::lol:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
but you’d have a new printer to keep you occupied
Yes, for when Mrs. Rodbam moves in with her sister because you got her 2 week quarantined over a printer. :hit

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
If my long printhead soak doesn't work can I put some cleaning fluid in a clean black cart & run a print which might force the blockage out. I'm not sure if I dreamt it or read about it but I think some Epson printers did this.
Yes at my old age I only dream about clean printheads:)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Yes at my old age I only dream about clean printheads
Thanks for the image of you and your print head together in a bubble bath! I hope that's not my dream tonight! :eek::lol::hugs