How much more could I have gotten from this cart?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
trcrefill said:
i used to be a member of a n other refill forum
What forum is this?

I think Nifty-Stuff is a premier forum for refilling, particularly for Canon printers. Always nice to read other forums for potentially different ideas. The German Durchstich refilling method came from another forum and was brought to us by someone common to both forums. (Defcon2K has a permanent place of honor in my opinion!) We have several members who also are etailors of refilling products - from inks to CISS kits - on the forum who are not only extremely knowledgeable but also reputable merchants of high quality items. But there is no hassling with members over their products. In fact, it is the members that recommend them to others. Then there are several members who's photographic, printing, engineering, and analytical minds are superb. There is much printer gold to mine here.

A new member with another forum's knowledge is a good thing for everyone. Welcome.

trcrefill

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
stratman said:
trcrefill said:
i used to be a member of a n other refill forum
What forum is this?

I think Nifty-Stuff is a premier forum for refilling, particularly for Canon printers. Always nice to read other forums for potentially different ideas. The German Durchstich refilling method came from another forum and was brought to us by someone common to both forums. (Defcon2K has a permanent place of honor in my opinion!) We have several members who also are etailors of refilling products - from inks to CISS kits - on the forum who are not only extremely knowledgeable but also reputable merchants of high quality items. But there is no hassling with members over their products. In fact, it is the members that recommend them to others. Then there are several members who's photographic, printing, engineering, and analytical minds are superb. There is much printer gold to mine here.

A new member with another forum's knowledge is a good thing for everyone. Welcome.
I am also on 'imagerzone' but think ill be here a bit more often as it seems a bit more busy.
We are a retail shop with 2 shop outlets, refilling 90% of ink cartridges on the market, and a warehouse refilling laser cartridges to supply the shops and online orders, with total of 5 staff.

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The first rule on this forum is: 1. No self promotion and/or advertising: We ask that forum members do not use our inkjet forum to advertise products and services.

If a new member comes on, and it happens ALL the time, and only posts inane comments like, "Wow, that's a good idea, I think I'll try that" and then provides a link to some product or service, either promoting or bashing it, their posts will get deleted and the new member banned. If we didn't do this, this forum would be saturatated with such posts.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
trcrefill:

Had a cursory (non-member) look at imagerzone.com. It seems to discuss many things Nifty-Stuff does, which I enjoyed and may be useful, as well as industry/sales things which Nifty-Stuff does not, and gratefully so. I may suscribe to the site and take a closer look one day.

Thanks.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
What a dumpy forum: they won't even let you see replies unless you register? And it looks like they have a section for refill inks but not for printers.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I too don't like the fact that you need to subscribe just to see replies. One of the kawasaki motorcycle forums used to be like that. Once they let all the conversations be seen publicly membership skyrocketed. I don't know why you'd start a forum then complain about why membership is low when no one can see what anyone posts.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
moderator said:
The first rule on this forum is: 1. No self promotion and/or advertising: We ask that forum members do not use our inkjet forum to advertise products and services.
Well, this is a good policy. But there will be always doubts how it can be enforced fairly. There are a few well known sellers of refill inks who post frequently. They did contribute in many ways to this forum but they also posted messages that was hard to say they were not promoting their products. I know it is not an easy job to be a moderator. I can give an example I saw in another forum.

It was an auto repair forum. One of the frequent contributors of the forum was an auto mechanic. He posted a huge number of posts with large photos. They appeared to be helping people with DIYers to repair their own cars. He was a popular one. The problem was he eventually started to do more promotion for himself and it was getting too obvious. The moderator would not do anything to stop him and forum members started to speak out. Still the moderators (more than one) did nothing. Well one day he posted a link to a short video showing off how he did a pressure test on an engine he rebuilt. It seemed to be another tech tip that he was offering to the forum. The problem was that he was doing it completely wrong. A pressure test should be done with the cylinder being tested at top dead center. He did it with the piston at the bottom dead center. It made his test totally worthless. Yet the moderators did nothing. It was the forum members who spoke out to curb his self promotion posts on the forum.

It is easy to stop advertising posts. But it is always difficult to stop self promoting ones.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Tin Ho It is easy to stop advertising posts. But it is always difficult to stop self promoting ones.

They did contribute in many ways to this forum but they also posted messages that was hard to say they were not promoting their products.
I totally agree with the first comment but not the second one...
Yes the sellers do sometimes promote their goods, but usually only after someone has asked if a pacific product was available and where would they get it.
I would do the same myself if I had such products (no such luck).
I will always denounce swelled headed promoters and ask for their removal without hesitation to keep this forum as good as it is.. :) :)
The premium place for the best advice available worldwide.. :)

trcrefill

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
moderator said:

If a new member comes on, and it happens ALL the time, and only posts inane comments like, "Wow, that's a good idea, I think I'll try that" and then provides a link to some product or service, either promoting or bashing it, their posts will get deleted and the new member banned. If we didn't do this, this forum would be saturatated with such posts.
im not promoting them, someone asked what forum that i mentioned not being happy with so i told them. i wasnt promoting them or bashing them, just saying i wasnt happy to pay the fees is freedom of speech.

i have put a useful post on here and im not here just to give a thumbs up on every thread