How good is "dribble method"?

BostonFern

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I saw in YouTube a filling method called "dribble method." It's the simplest refilling method I've seen so far. The drawback is one refill takes 2 minutes, which is not too bad at all. I wonder anybody has tried it. My question is - if ink can be dribbled into the cartridge, will it dribble out by itself too.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I did that video. It actually takes about 30 seconds as you can actually stream is in. So ten carts will take about 10 minutes total assuming you hav all your syringes loaded and ready to go.
No the ink will not dribble out. But obviously you would have to apply the exit port clip before storing them for the next cart exchange.

Ideally you would have two sets of carts. I do. I always have one ready to go. When one cart is almost empty I replace all 10 carts. Then AT MY LEASURE, I refill and reset that set and put it on standby till the next time. So even if it would take me 2 or even more minutes per carts, it's not a time issue as I can get that set done whenever I have time to do so.

If you do not do that you will be constantly replacing individual carts as they are constantly reaching the empty point one after the other. Each time you change a cart, the printer will run a n ink purge. Which is needless ink waste which goes into your waste ink pads. I do not want to hasten saturating my 9500's waste ink pads sooner that they should be.

You can also adapt an exit port clip to attach a syringe and directly inject ink. THE HAT is the expert and pionner of this method for the 9500.
It should be faster and it does indeed work well but the truth is I can stream / dribble ink into the cart pretty darn fast without a syringe adapter. But then, I've gotten really good at it.

Joe

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
BostonFern said:
I saw in YouTube a filling method called "dribble method." It's the simplest refilling method I've seen so far.
My question is - if ink can be dribbled into the cartridge, will it dribble out by itself too.
+1, :thumbsup

It is the simplest refilling method and no it doesnt leak out afterwards.

BostonFern

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Great!!!

I currently have a syringe without any needle. My cli-220 ink outlet is small compared with the video's. Is it a good idea to use this combination to dribble ink?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
BostonFern said:
Great!!!

I currently have a syringe without any needle. My cli-220 ink outlet is small compared with the video's. Is it a good idea to use this combination to dribble ink?
Sorry for the confusion but the dribble method only work with the PGI-9 cartridges..:(