How does ink monitoring work?

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
It's not just Canon is it? They're all at it.... they put less and less in their ink tank then they lower the 'squirt count'.

Dunno about Canon, but doesn't Epson leave about 20% ink tank full when empty? Just can't work this out Canon boils the ink and we know what happens to a kettle running on empty.... BUT Epson doesn't boil the ink, they squirt it by sucking and blowing down a straw kinda thing.

The Epsons I had were real 'cloggers' never had a clog with a Canon, not the ip5000 or the ip4950 which 'popped their clogs'. The ip5000 & ip4950 where a pain in the backside for backplate and roller cleaning - never had do one yet on the ip8750 it just sits there printing printing and printing.

Dave

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Pentode, The only reason you’d need to clean the back plate and rollers is from doing lots of borderless printing, which I would recommend you do very little of or not at all, it sprays ink everywhere.. :hit

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
Yep spot on Hat, the ip8750 is a different beast, it's got a mud guard kinda thing never ever had to clean it once, just looked now and it's all nice and clean the rollers are well protected and like you say the ink isn't squirted all over the place like the ip5000 series, which often required cleaning.... stained rollers being the result.

The only thing I don't like about this printer is it doesn't have a paper tray at the bottom like the ip5000, I do text printing as well.

Why a A3 printer one may ask when I only normally print 6x4 borderless photos, from time to time I print patterns for 'Er indoors' and sometimes print schematic diagrams etc, rather than splitting the print on two papers I can just lob a A3 sheet in which works out OK for my usage.

Dave

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Yep spot on Hat, the ip8750 is a different beast, it's got a mud guard kinda thing never ever had to clean it once, just looked now and it's all nice and clean the rollers are well protected and like you say the ink isn't squirted all over the place like the ip5000 series, which often required cleaning.... stained rollers being the result.

The only thing I don't like about this printer is it doesn't have a paper tray at the bottom like the ip5000, I do text printing as well.

Why a A3 printer one may ask when I only normally print 6x4 borderless photos, from time to time I print patterns for 'Er indoors' and sometimes print schematic diagrams etc, rather than splitting the print on two papers I can just lob a A3 sheet in which works out OK for my usage.

Dave

Not forgetting you can get 9 4x6 prints on an A3+ sheet.
Simple, quick and efficient printing - I do it all the time.

rs