How do you preserve your ink cartridges?

juntjoo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-960
I'm about to open a couple new ones but only to use for testing so I don't want them to dry up and die prematurely. Normally I just put scotch tape on the underside on I guess the "printhead" part. Should this method suffice or do you have a better suggestion?

Attachments

• IMG_20210902_201055611.jpg
    IMG_20210902_201055611.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 162

kian mury

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
dremel digilab 3D20
It is very sensitive, But you can follow below mentioned:
Always Store Cartridges Upright, Look for a Cool, Dry & dark Place. Along with the cartridges, place a damp cloth or paper in the sealed tub to initiate humid conditions in a controlled environment. If cartridge nozzles are not stored in airtight and humidified conditions they can crust over or dry out anytime. Do not allow anything to touch the cartridge nozzles.

juntjoo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-960
It is very sensitive, But you can follow below mentioned:
Always Store Cartridges Upright, Look for a Cool, Dry & dark Place. Along with the cartridges, place a damp cloth or paper in the sealed tub to initiate humid conditions in a controlled environment. If cartridge nozzles are not stored in airtight and humidified conditions they can crust over or dry out anytime. Do not allow anything to touch the cartridge nozzles.
Thanks! Sounds like a great idea, but I see the point in all the steps.

I know that if I put them nozzle down, they leak. Would you recommend upside down? And leave them uncovered?

Actually, most of them I drilled holes on top to refill. I think I'll tape and store as you suggest in some cheap plastic storage containers.

Latest posts