How can you stop printing (Brother MFC-L2700DW laser printer)?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Your laser printer must fill its buffer first before it will start to print
If a print job used less ram, then the printer will start, because that’s the last command given in the spooler..
I give you a 'B+' for effort and let you ⛸️.

A networked printer can get congested at times and may dump a print job as unceremoniously as a traveler at a bus station. Like adding more commodes, more RAM should help, just like with a PostScript printer that may spit out one page and then stop despite it being a multipage print job.

There are workarounds for Postscript printers that may not require adding more RAM or changing to PCL6:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-message-80652657-d00f-11b8-c2e2-68af87a40205

Whether networked or not, the printer's time to first page out can be altered by you from the printer's settings. Here's an article aimed at networked printers though it also applies to a non-networked single user only printer.

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/workarounds-for-slow-network-printing/

However, none of this applies to OP question. (Ha! Beat you to it, @Artur5 🥳)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
There are workarounds for Postscript printers that may not require adding more RAM or changing to PCL6:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-message-80652657-d00f-11b8-c2e2-68af87a40205
Great explanation and work around.. :thumbsup

It can help enormously to solve an immediate print problem, the other solution is more ram, switch your True Type to bitmap or reducing the size of your document .. I’ve had some of those issue before in a former life..

(Ha! Beat you to it, @Artur5 🥳)
Quick draw has once again triumph..:lol:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Quick draw has once again triumph.
Quick Draw McGraw always gets his man.

1634637942371.png

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I’ve tried it and yes it uses far more toner.. This has nothing to do with inkjets..
I tried and no, it doesn't consumes more toner. That's my specific model of laser printer. Yours is obviously different in this regard.

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Quick Draw McGraw always gets his man.

View attachment 13095
That recalls fond memories of my childhood (many,many decades ago.. :rolleyes:)
I used to watch those cartoons and many others in a B&W TV set. Back then, almost evertyhing coming from the USA that was screened in the Spanish official (and only) TV, was dubbed in Mexico or Puerto Rico. We got so used to those funny accents from overseas that anything resembling to peninsular Castilian sounded weird.

Just for the record, the character of Draw McGraw was translated as 'Tiro Loco' (Crazy Shot) and his small deputy as 'Pepe Trueno' (Joe Thunder). :D

Last edited:

Latest posts