HobbiColors Ink.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
SpartanWarrior said:
jflan said:
Thanks so a 1/8 is 3.1 in metric i take it.
Make a test hole in some scrap plastic that is similar to the Canon cartridge and test one of Dave's silicone plugs in it. It should not go in easy. It should be a bit stubborn going in to provide a reliable seal.

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
SpartanWarrior said:
I will try what you suggest i guess, it's that why does hobbicolors say different?
Hobbicolors are saying this is the most simple method , with a few easy steps and the minimum of equipment , they are aiming at the widest audience, who want such a method, without any extra fuss, and which is successful from the start.

Other methods such as the German method need a slightly more complicated approach with slightly modified equipment and a different point of entry, fewer people practise this method , but this does not mean it has no merit, the hardest part is the initial purchase of the fine needles and then negotiating the way to the reservoir without bumping into the "wall"

I am sure Hobbicolors are well aware of the German method and are happy with it , but do not wish to openly support it for fear of confusing people in an area where a bad first- time experience can put people off of re-filling with their ink.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
headphonesman said:
SpartanWarrior said:
I will try what you suggest i guess, it's that why does hobbicolors say different?
Hobbicolors are saying this is the most simple method , with a few easy steps and the minimum of equipment , they are aiming at the widest audience, who want such a method, without any extra fuss, and which is successful from the start.

Other methods such as the German method need a slightly more complicated approach with slightly modified equipment and a different point of entry, fewer people practise this method , but this does not mean it no merit, the hardest part is the initial purchase of the fine needles and then negotiating the way to the reservoir without bumping into the "wall"

I am sure Hobbicolors are well aware of the German method and are happy with it , but do not wish to openly support it for fear of confusing people in an area where a bad first- time experience can put people off of re-filling with their ink.
Well stated headphonesman.
Both methods have their merits.

vtjet

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
SpartanWarrior said:
Soon i will refill my cartridges and the instructions say to drill a hole with a drill bit 1/8'' now what size is that in metric because mine say something like 2.5 and so on thanks;)
If you don't have a computer in front of you with a conversion program installed and you want to know something like this without even a pencil and piece of paper , just multiply by 4 to go from mm to hundredths of an inch.

So 1 mm= .04

and 3mm= .12 or about an eighth of an inch. Which is what you were asking.

250mm is what, Quick? About ten inches.

What's 300mm?

Twelve.

If you do it a few times you'll get pretty quick at it.

By the way the accuracy is, I believe around 97%.