HobbiColors Ink.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Soon i will refill my cartridges and the instructions say to drill a hole with a drill bit 1/8'' now what size is that in metric because mine say something like 2.5 and so on thanks;)

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Ron350 said:
If you are refilling cli-8 or bci-6 cartridges why drill a hole when there is already one there?
I totally agree. I just pop the little plastic sealing ball and use that hole to refill. Then seal the hole with either a stainless steel screw and a small "O" ring or a flat head nylon screw. I have started using a #8-32 flat head nylon screw - no "O" ring needed. Of course finding these sealing screws in Greece may not be as easy as here in the US.

Steve W.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Ron350 & on30trainman:

Maybe SpartanW is going to use the Durchstich method of refilling.

If so, a push pin works well in making the fill hole. No worries about drilling into the sponge and spinning it out of place or grossly disfiguring it and potentially changing the flow characteristics of ink through the sponge - rare but possibly if not careful.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Thanks everyone i am going by hobbicolors instructions that say where to drill their hole since it's better, i don't know because it is the first time i am doing this btw i have the canon iP4500 printer;)

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000